OK its been way too long!! So sorry people, starting a new j-o-b is not a game. I think i've finally got into the groove of my schedule, so back to my blogging.. YAY YAY YAY!! So what's for dinner tonight?? I created this recipe after learning how to poach fish in a flavorful broth. I though to myself if you cook rice in broth it takes on all those amazing flavors, so why not PASTA! I cooked the pasta in the fish poaching broth.. and let me tell you it was simply delicioso. Give this a try in your kitchen!
3 Salmon Fillets (marinated with lemon, green seasoning, pepper sauce, thyme, salt and pepper)
- Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp green seasonings
- 1 tsp pepper sauce
- 2 C Vegetable Stock (or chicken)
- ½ lb Whole grain Linguine
- Salt/ Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (for garnish)
- In dutch oven or cast iron pot, coat the bottom of the pot with Olive Oil, add in the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and thyme. Turn heat on medium high.
- When the garlic beings to dance (sizzle around the edges) add the chopped onion. Sauté the onions for about 5 mins or until they become translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, green seasonings, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and taste. (Adjust salt/seasonings to your liking)
- Add the salmon fillets to the broth; cover the pot and poach them for 20 mins.
- Take out the salmon fillets, set aside under foil tent.
- Add the linguine to the poaching broth. Cook until tender or aldente (add additional water if the pasta starts to stick).
- Flake the set aside salmon fillets and toss in with the pasta.
- Plate and garnish with parmesan cheese.