I love Sweet peppers or as they are also called Bell peppers. They are an essential in my refrigerator produce drawer. They impart dished with beautiful colors and sweet bite. You should try to have every color of the rainbow in your meals, every colored vegetable has nutrients our bodies need to be healthy and strong. Slash some color of your plate with this simple side dish.
Sautéed Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper; thin slices
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, thin slices
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thin slices
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger; minced; separated
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Organic no salt seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock (enough to deglaze pan)
- In a large Sauté pan, coat the bottom with Olive Oil , add the garlic and half of the ginger with the red pepper flakes and thyme. Turn the heat on medium high.
- When the garlic begins to dance (sizzle around the edges) add the bell peppers, stirring constantly to completely cover the peppers with the olive oil mixture. Salt the peppers and allow them to cook stirring constantly for 3-5 mins. (add stock if the pepper start to stick)
- Add the reaming garlic and pour in the stock to prevent sticking. Cover pan and allow to cook for an additional 5 mins (or until the peppers are tender but still have slight crunch).
- Turn off heat, and serve as side dish.