This dish needs no introduction.. CURRY SHRIMP!! Usually the priciest item on the Roti shop menu, hehe. That's because it is just SO good and who doesn't love shrimp. Making curry shrimp is very easy and can be served with Roti or over some rice.
1lb Large (31/35 or 26/30) Raw Shrimp (marinate with lemon, green seasonings, pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Thyme and 2 tsp Chief Curry power)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Chief Curry powder + more
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper sauce
- 1 large onion; course chop
- 1 Yellow bell pepper; course chopped
- ½ Vegetable or chicken stock/broth
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt/ Pepper
- In a large sauté pan, add oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, thyme and curry power. Turn the heat on medium high.
- When the garlic begins to dance (sizzle around the edges) add the green seasoning and pepper sauce, stirring constantly. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add stock and bell peppers, stirring constantly. Allow the curry mixture to cook until the peppers are tender.
- Add the marinated raw shrimp and cook, stirring constantly to coat with the curry mixture, until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove from heat, do not over cook the shrimp.
- Serve over rice or with Roti skins.