Saturdays mornings for me are about rest and relaxation. So needless to say i DO NOT wake up at the crack of dawn to make an elaborate breakfast! I wake refreshed at the crack of noon most Saturdays, HAHA! I come downstairs to my two hungry people, and make something simple and delicious. On this particular Saturday morning, the sun beaming made me think of fresh Blueberry Muffins. Not just any Blueberry muffin, but blueberry corn muffins; the addition of cornmeal adds a little something special and a slight crunch. Try this on your next lazy Saturday morning, with some fresh fruit on the side its simple divine!!!
Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 ½ C Flour
- ¾ C Cornmeal
- ½ C Granulated sugar
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 C Blueberries
- 1 large Egg; beaten
- 1 C Milk
- ¼ C Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray muffin tin/s with cooking spray (recipe makes about 12 muffins)
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and lemon zest in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbsp of flour mixture with the blueberries.
- Wisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tin/s and bake for 20 mins (insert toothpick, if it comes out clean, the muffins are done).